Friday, March 14, 2008

WHAT'S THE PURPOSE OF THIS BLOG ON BOCAS DEL TORO, PANAMA

Bocas del Toro is a SPECIAL, funky, Archipelago (a group of islands) on the Caribbean Coast of Panama - South of the Costa Rican border!

It has that Caribbean flair (though not as colorful as Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica), is VERY LAID BACK and I feel VERY SAFE here (I travel solo most of the time. Of course it IS an island so it's not like it's easy to steal and escape).

It's a WONDERFUL escape for your 90-Day Visa Run if you are living in Costa Rica since it is so close to the border (Panama is South of Costa Rica) and REALLY EASY to get to on www.NatureAir.com It's a BEAUTIFULLY SCENIC 50 minute flight (longer if the must stop in Limon which they sometimes do if they have passengers)from PAVAS airport (NOT the MUCH LONGER to get to with LOTS more traffic SJO/San Jose airport!!). Though it's LOTS more expensive to fly - to me it's worth it because I put a dollar value on my time and ease - ESPECIALLY when re-entering Costa Rica (Immigration is a BREEZE here!!!).


I have never lived so far from water hence part of why I LOVE going - to get my water fix plus take a break from the craziness of life hence I have been to Bocas del Toro 8 times since moving to Costa Rica.


For me, finding any real DETAILED information (the way I like it) on Bocas del Toro has been pretty darn challenging, plus I LOVE gathering and sharing information, hence why I initially started a Bocas del Toro Guide (currently about 20 pages) with those detailed hints/tips that for me are helpful and to make this info more accessible to/reach more people, I am creating this blog.


Till this blog is up and in its full glory, feel free to email me at BocasDelToroGuide@gmail.com for an email copy of it.


Keep checking back as I develop this site and if you have things to add/change, email me at BocasDelToroGuide@gmail.com

ENJOY!


Vicki Skinner
The Fountains Guesthouse
Escazu, Costa Rica (7 min. from Pavas Airport where you catch the flight to Bocas)
http://www.FountainsGuesthouse.com
(506) 8-378-6679 (from within CR) / 1-800-385-6290 (from the U.S. & Canada)

.


.

No comments: